Sunday, February 7, 2016

Monuments and Tapestries


I decided to take a day off from sitting in our dark apartment, poring through even more apartment ads (we need to find a permanent place here) and take a trip to one of my favorite museums, The Cluny. I got off the Metro at the Notre Dame stop, thinking I should at least walk by it on my way as we have been so inundated with figuring out daily life here that we haven't really seen any "sites". I took a quick pick to send to Matt while he was at work  - not sure if that was nice or not ;)

I figured I should get a closer look and then noticed that admission was free so of course I felt the need to just take a quick peek inside...



They had a special exhibit of tapestries created by a guy named Dom Robert, who was a Benedictine Monk as well as an artist. There were six tapestries in all, but I was particularly entranced by the color and design of this one...

I was so transfixed by the tapestries that never made it to The Cluny Museum that day - maybe next time!

Although we haven't been up the Eiffel Tower yet, we did finally get close enough for a picture while on our way to the aquarium. No matter how many times I see it, I always think it's amazing!





No comments:

Post a Comment